Monday, January 2, 2012

Ditch the car and bike it.

Every Greenista needs to know that biking is a sure way to getting fit, saving gas, and reducing your overall carbon footprint!

Today I decided to bike to the beach (got to love South Florida in the Winter!) and it felt great to make the decision to bike instead of drive. Trust me, I was very close to just picking up my keys,convincing myself of the time I would save, and of course giving into the laziness that always sets-in right before I do something active but I fought the urge to give in and just did it. It was a great ride and it didn't take me nearly as long as I thought. Got my workout in, beach time, and me time---win win win all the way!

Bike riding is one of the most sustainable ways to get around next to walking. I urge everyone, especially those who live within 20 minutes of their destination to bike there---at least once a week. Baby steps. Soon you'll see that it will increase your health, give you that body you want, and help the environment---oh and did I mention the gas you will save!

Try it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment